The importance of nourishing yourself does not diminish once you give birth, rather it changes as you are faced with a new set of challenges and less time to prepare and enjoy food. As a mum, it is easy to put yourself last and feel depleted, however when we look after ourselves with good nutrition and self-care, we are happier, healthier and more able to give to those around us. These consultations provide guidance and ongoing inspiration to help you feel your best.
Furthermore, if you are a mum who is looking to fall pregnant again, it is important that you take some time to replenish yourself before conceiving. Doing so will help you have a smoother pregnancy (which is even more important when you already have another little person or two/three to look after!) and will impact the health of your new baby.
I also provide advice on weight management during this time. Rather than resorting to drastic diets to lose the baby weight, I ensure you are eating appropriately for your needs and the needs of your baby. Essentially, we work to make sure you are setting yourself up to reach the weight that is right for you, while helping you feel good and healthy and nourished
— INITIAL SESSION —
During our first consultation we discuss your everyday diet and lifestyle. This helps me to get a deep understanding of your reality, which allows us to identify what we need to work on. I can then make realistic and valuable, personalised suggestions to help you feel nourished and balanced. We discuss:
- What you are eating
- How you are feeling – your energy levels, mood, digestion, stress, etc.
- Your sleep and movement patterns
- The practicalities of your life – where you live, where you shop, your work, who you live with and your role in your family unit
- Pregnancy symptoms that are causing you discomfort
- Any struggles you are facing
In this session you receive:
- Personalised advice to assist in a healthy pregnancy, including symptom management and important foods to eat, as well as how much of these foods you should ideally be eating
- Nourishing recipes
- A meal prep resource to help you get into the habit of batch cooking. A big key to consistently eating well is always having healthy, delicious food available
- Ongoing access to Heidi’s everyday tips and encouragement via regular private messaging.
TIME: 60 minutes
— REVIEW SESSION —
During these sessions we will:
- Reflect on where you’re at
- Adjust advice based on the progression of your pregnancy as requirements and symptoms change
- Provide ongoing encouragement and support
- Discuss additional topics of interest
- Provide additional recipes (if desired)
TIME: 30 minutes
The number of review sessions is variable, based on your circumstances and the support you need.
APPOINTMENTS & ENQUIRIES
Please fill in your details below and Heidi will be in touch with you shortly.